[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards for Australia

John Dalgliesh <johnd@defyne.org> writes:

[lots of information]

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

> There's like 3 or 4 (DVB) radio stations around but nothing exciting.

I don't care if it's exciting, I won't be watching/listening.

> I think that pretty much sums up the state of DVB-T in Australia. I'm sure
> others will have different takes on it :)
>
>> The Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T
>> model 928 looks like it might fit the spec.  Do the Linux drivers
>> support this card?
>
> Yes. Just :)
>
>> What about the Technisat AirStar2?
>
> Hmmm I think so.
>
> Other cards:
> - DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T1 and DVB-T Lite (2 different cards, seem pretty
> good)

What would the "Lite" imply?  With and w/o hardware decoder?

> - AverMedia AverTV DVB-T (might have some problems?)

Could someone perhaps confirm?

> - TwinHan/VisionPlus DVB-T (pretty sure)

I've had some tuning issues with their sat version.

> - DPANDA DVB-T PCI (OEM of TechnoTrend DVB-T from www.dpanda.com.au)
>
> I think the Nebula DigiTV is supported to.
>
>> Multiple cards in the same machine must be supported.  The Hauppauge
>> website talks about limitations there.  Is that just for the windows
>> driver?
>
> Yes lots of people have multiple cards in linux.
>
>> ISTR something about problems if installing several different
>> cards based on the same chip (was it bt878?).
>>
>> I'd be thankful for any recommendations regarding a good choice of
>> card.
>
> Hmmm.. this reply wasn't nearly as informative as I meant it to be when I
> started it. Sorry about that :)

No problem, I've found out quite a bit I didn't know.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@mru.ath.cx

Home | Main Index | Thread Index