[linux-dvb] Re: saa7146_init_one(): request_irq() failed message with kernel 2.6.8.1

> Something has grabbed the irq and doesn't allow irq sharing.
>
> What does "cat /proc/interrupts" say?
>
> What are your bios settings regarding the interrupt setup?

The bios is set to the following:
PNP OS Installed = No
Resources Controlled By = Auto (ESCD)

cat /proc/interupts shows:
           CPU0
  0:     342000          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          8          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          2          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
  5:          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd
  7:          0          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          3          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 12:     206305          XT-PIC  eth0, ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd
 14:         13          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Unfortunatly I do need the parallel port for graphlcd. Is there a way to
influence the bios to assign a different irq? Should I set "PnP OS
Installed" to "Yes"?

Best regards,
Reiner.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index