[linux-dvb] Re: saa7146_init_one(): request_irq() failed messagewith kernel 2.6.8.1

Hello,

On 21.09.2004 15:17, Reiner Buehl wrote:
Something has grabbed the irq and doesn't allow irq sharing.

What does "cat /proc/interrupts" say?

What are your bios settings regarding the interrupt setup?

The bios is set to the following:
PNP OS Installed = No
Resources Controlled By = Auto (ESCD)

cat /proc/interupts shows:
CPU0 0: 342000 XT-PIC timer
1: 8 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
3: 2 XT-PIC lirc_serial
5: 0 XT-PIC uhci_hcd
7: 0 XT-PIC parport0
8: 3 XT-PIC rtc
9: 0 XT-PIC acpi
12: 206305 XT-PIC eth0, ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd
14: 13 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0 LOC: 0 ERR: 0
MIS: 0

Unfortunatly I do need the parallel port for graphlcd. Is there a way to
influence the bios to assign a different irq? Should I set "PnP OS
Installed" to "Yes"?
I'm not an expert on that field, but it's definately worth a try. Most of the more recent systems I know put the on-board stuff on dedicated irqs and let the pci devices share the other interrupts. For example, my network controller and the dvb card share the same irq.

Alternatively, you can perhaps run your parallel port with an irq in polling mode.

Best regards,
Reiner.
CU
Michael.