[linux-dvb] Re: SL1935 vs TDA8060TS

On Friday 24 Sep 2004 14:16, David Zanetti wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> > From: "David Zanetti" <dave2@wetstring.net>
> >
> > > Some of you may remember I've posted on several occasions about not
> > > being able to get my Budget-CI (sans CI) functioning in Linux. Works
> > > 100% in Windows.
> >
> > What is the PCI subsystem ID of your card?
>
> 132c:100f
>
> > > Recently, spurred on by the thread about tin boxes and front end
> > > locations, I opened the tin box on my tuner. Two of the chips in it are
> > > indeed STV0299B and TSA5059, but the third is _not_ an SL1935. It's a
> > > TDA8060TS.
> >
> > This combination of chips is found inside the Philips SU1278 tuner
> > module. Do you have this tuner module on your card?
>
> Tin box is labelled:
>
>   SU1278/SH
>   3112 297 12871
>   239  HJ11 GC00056

Aha, that would explain it then :)

I believe when I was looking at that stuff that someone mentioned that certain
of the older SU1278 tinboxes had a different PLL (a TUA6100, whereas newer
ones have a TSA5059) in them! There's no way to tell really from the markings
on it (there may be a date code I suppose, but who knows when they switched
over).

How recent is your card? Maybe they've switched yet again...

I'll add in your details to the hardware database.. However, I don't really
want to complicate the stv0299 code any more until we've reorganised
everything.

Are there any error messages reported BTW? Or is it just that tuning does not
work at all.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index