[linux-dvb] Re: SL1935 vs TDA8060TS

> Ah, I think I've found a working set of options. Just -p h will result in
> a stream with TS continuity errors. But -tone 1 seems to resolve it, I've
> been able to dump from that for a few minutes without any errors. It's
> still puzzling how it's definately in both cases giving me the same
> channels, but only works in the later.

Yeah! I noticed that with the site with the mixed up cables - it would still
lock on to the signal somehow even though it was the wrong polarity - just
that the signal would get really bad errors. There was something weird about
the hi/lo bands as well.

> Thanks for your help, I should have spotted the -tone option before.
> Hopefully now I can make MythTV do the Right Thing. :)

It sounds like they've swapped the cables for the high and low bands over,
since thats what tone controls... out of interest, does windows tell you
whether it has tone on or not?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index