[linux-dvb] dvb ES information

    Martin> Hi there, i need to extract the video and audio stream
    Martin> information broadasted via DVB-S under Linux 9.0 and
    Martin> Auppauge Nexus-S. What i need exaclty is:

    Martin> VIDEO: size (width, height, format) framerate Bitrate

    Martin> AUDIO: Sample Freq Bitrate

    Martin> how can i do this, are there simple command line tools to
    Martin> get this information from an already tuned channel? I've
    Martin> not found something...

(dvb-)replex will give you the information (
http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html). If you just need the
information use "replex -f -z filename". Unfortunately that will also
demux the stream, so watch out for out.* files. If you want to do it
in a program, have a look at element.c for the ES functions in replex.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index