[linux-dvb] Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C Card supported? [SOLVED]

Markus Schulz writes:
 > sorry for this big mistake.
 > i've doesn't looked closer to the head of the found file.
 >

 > >Sorry, but you cannot just take parts of this file (as you clearly
 > >and admittedly did, some parts even verbatim) and put them in some
 > >(buggy) other file. On top of that, you release it here with
 > >somebody elses copyright notice and another license in the header ...
 > >

 > really sorry for this.
 >
 > Can i ask, why you didn't released the tda10021 driver yet? or is a
 > release planned?

The driver was a commercial project and when the customer never got
around to paying it we shelved it. There was no card on the market yet
using it anyway.

Since the code is out now not much can be done to undo it.
I agree with releasing it with proper copyright attribution (mine and
yours for the adaptation to the Convergence tree).
But we put effort in it not containing Convergence code and I would
like to keep it that way.
We should not copy their strange frontend registration code anyway.
De/Registration belongs into the callbacks if you do not want
the oopses you noticed.

The card also belongs in the knc driver (or budget_av as Convergence
calls it). They just messed up the GPIO 0 settings.
Newer KNC cards (developed after beginning of 2003 or so) put the
tuner and CI into reset if GPIO 0 is high. At the same time it
activates the analog input (SAA7113, not present on all cards).

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index