[linux-dvb] CX22700 in new Hauppauge USB DVB-T box

Hi folks,

Has anyone run across the latest version of this box yet? Hauppauge have
changed the hardware in it, just like they did for their PCI product.

The USB interface chip has not changed - well, it has the same pipes and
it accepts the same commands as far as i2c operations go.

The demod sits on the same address as the CX22702 in the PCI card, except
that, annoyingly, it's a CX22700 instead of a CX22702.

Haven't checked out the tuner yet but I assume it's a DTT759X like on the
PCI card (based on its i2c address again).

So, the problem is the demod. The cx22702.c in linux-dvb would fail to
attach as it probes for the chip on register 31, expecting the value 3.
The CX22700 has the value 0 in that register.

Does anyone know anything about this chip? Is is pretty much the same as
the CX22702 as its number suggests? Anything that has to be done
differently to control it? I haven't tried proceeding past this probe
(ignoring it) in case it stuffs something up (pretty unlikely I know...
now if only the two values were 2 and 0 then it would have no hesitation
in doing so :)

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned it here already actually - unless I
missed it somehow. I've had two (Mac) users show up with this box already
and they're pretty keen to get it going. I'll probably try just accepting
0 as a value for that register if I don't hear anything back from the
list...

{P^/

btw Pretty sure that i2c is really working as I scan the bus and get
non-zero results from other registers/chips.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index