[linux-dvb] Re: b2c2 usb sat modem

Patrick,

--- Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@desy.de> wrote:
> Is it possible to open the case and make some high-res
> pictures or to
> write down the chip labels, without damaging it? If so, please
> do it. :)

I have a Skystar2 USB box, and will gladly open it over the
weekend and take some pictures of it.

> The next step for you could be the reverse engineering. This
> is sometimes
> quite easy with http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/.
> For me it
> wasn't working (dibusb). Please create some logs with it and
> make it
> available online (do _not_ post it to this list, put it on a
> website or
> send it privately to me, I would then publish it).

I will also try usbsnoop on my Win2000 machine and will provide
you with the logs directly via email.

Looking forward to helping develop the Skystar2 USB support for
Linux.  I am quite convinced that there should not be that much
difference with the PCI card, once we understand how the USB
interface work.

Ciao, Luca

Home | Main Index | Thread Index