[linux-dvb] Re: consecutive poll timeouts

On Friday 01 October 2004 19:16, C.Y.M. wrote:
> After performing a few recordings yesterday, I noticed that there were
> several hours of ring buffer overflow errors in my syslog. I am using a
> Nexus-S DVB card. The only thing that has changed is updating the following
> file:
<snip>
> - Fix dvb-ttpci ca write poll.
>
> Here are a few snips of my log:
<snip>
> Oct  1 04:00:57 poseidon vdr[8340]: ERROR: 2279 ring buffer overflows
> (428341 bytes dropped)
<snip>
> Is it possible that this driver update could have caused this?  I would
> also like to mention that even though I had all of these buffer errors, the
> recording was still good.

Can't see why this change should have affected the main ringbuffer, as it only
changes how the polling of the cam works, namely actually reporting back when
there is available space to write to the cam ringbuffer. You are using a CAM?

Could it be that some you had high load on your computer at the moment? Can
you reproduce this today?

Also that change was done early this morning, are sure you had this change in
your driver at the time?

Anyone else seeing problems with this change in the ttpci driver and vdr?

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index