[linux-dvb] Re: consecutive poll timeouts

> Can't see why this change should have affected the main
> ringbuffer, as it only
> changes how the polling of the cam works, namely actually
> reporting back when
> there is available space to write to the cam ringbuffer. You
> are using a CAM?

Yes

> Could it be that some you had high load on your computer at
> the moment? Can
> you reproduce this today?

I do not think there was any load on the system at the time.  But, what did
also come to mind was I had two back to back recordings on different
channels.  The first recording did not display any problems.  But, when it
switched to the new channel, perhaps there was a brief tuning problem or
something to that nature. As of now, I do not have a reproducable way of
testing this.

> Also that change was done early this morning, are sure you
> had this change in
> your driver at the time?

Yes, I specifically rebuilt the drivers to get your changes.

> Anyone else seeing problems with this change in the ttpci
> driver and vdr?

Klaus is also playing with some buffer recording optimizations that may be
the culprit.  Even though I have applied Klaus' latest buffer optimization
patches several days ago and have not seen any problems like this until now,
that may also be a possible cause.  I was just curious if anyone else was
gettings these errors as well.  Thanks.  If I can reproduce this, I will be
sure and report back.  The only reason I ask is because this was the last
change I made before I started noticing the problem.  This may not be
related to the driver changes at all.

> Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index