[linux-dvb] Nova-T USB - Nothing in /dev/dvb

Hi,

 I'm using the 2.6.8.1 kernel, with the udev daemon running. I've read
through various previous messages, but none seemed to give me the
answer I needed. Upon inserting the device dmesg reports:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
usbcore: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Alps TDMB7)...

But /dev/dvb isn't created. I've tried using the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script
(after chaging the major device number 250 to 212) but running the
test_av program just gives:

using video device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/video0'
using audio device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0'
enter command or h + enter for help
open video device: No such device

Additionally doing: cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/<anything>0 gives a 'No such
device' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Mike.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index