[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T USB - Nothing in /dev/dvb

Hi

DVB drivers in 2.6.8.1 does not yet have udev support so in there you will always need to
create /dev/dvb entries with the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh. I do not know why it does not work for you,
could it be that udev is somehow refreshing /dev directory structure and entries created with
MAKEDEV-DVB.sh gets removed.

I am also using udev with Mandrake linux but instead of using dvb drivers from the kernel
I have downloaded and compiled them from the linuxtv cvs. These drivers in the linux-tv cvs
does have udev support. If you want to get automatic dev-entry support use drivers from
the linux-tv org cvs and make following udev configurations. (Mandrakesoft cooker have added
them already to their udev-rpm.)

1) copy attached 06-dvb.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/06-dvb.rules
2) copy attached attached dvb.sh to /etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh
3) add following entry into /etc/udev/permissions.d/00-udev.permissions
#----------------------
# dvb drivers
dvb/*:$local:video:0660

Mika

webmaster@mikeasoft.com wrote:

Hi,

I'm using the 2.6.8.1 kernel, with the udev daemon running. I've read
through various previous messages, but none seemed to give me the
answer I needed. Upon inserting the device dmesg reports:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
usbcore: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Alps TDMB7)...

But /dev/dvb isn't created. I've tried using the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script
(after chaging the major device number 250 to 212) but running the
test_av program just gives:

using video device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/video0'
using audio device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0'
enter command or h + enter for help
open video device: No such device

Additionally doing: cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/<anything>0 gives a 'No such
device' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike.

KERNEL="dvb*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh %k", NAME="%c"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index