[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia 771 (7711461)

Hi Peter,

On Monday 04 October 2004 07:03, Peterzelezny wrote:
> Any advice on getting this model up and running?
> I've been at it for a couple days, here's the latest error:
>
> $ ./tzap "ABC TV Melbourne"
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and
> '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0' reading channels from file
> '/home/pz/.tzap/channels.conf' ERROR: failed opening
> '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' (No such device)
>
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 3 Oct  3 20:34
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
>

> dmesg also reported:
>
> mt352_read_register: readreg error (ret == -38)
> dvbfe_mt352: Setup for AverMedia DVB-T 771
>
> Is the dvb-bt8xx module necessary?

Yes, I think so.
I load the following modules:
====
modprobe dvb_core
modprobe bttv
modprobe dvb_bt8xx
modprobe mt352
====

> It seems my distro (FedoraCore2) is missing mt352, so I built
> this one from CVS then mixed it with the kernel modules I already
> have, oh what a mess!
>
> I'd like to build everything clean from the current CVS, but that
> wasn't possible:
:

I did the following:
took the linux kernel version 2.6.8 from kernel.org, took patch to
2.6.9-rc2 from there too, applied the patch, took
patch-2.6.9-rc2-kraxel.gz from
http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.9-rc2-2/, applied it.
Then I took the linux-dvb CVS checkout (from last weekend, 9 days
ago), made the links to the prepared kernel source, and compiled
the kernel as usual.
You may need to create the dvb device files, see MAKEDEV-DVB.sh from
the top dir of the linux-dvb CVS checkout.
...and, it works ;-)

> -Peter.

Stefan
--