[linux-dvb] Re: Scrambled DVB-T channels (Sweden)

Once upon a time (Oct 4, 2004), Måns Rullgård shaped the electrons to say:

> Has anyone been able to decode the scrambled DVB-T channels available
> in Sweden?  I read somewhere they use Viaccess with a smartcard, but I
> can't seem to find any DVB-T PCI cards with a CI slot.  Does anyone
> know more about this?

At least on satellite, Viasat has recently switched from Viaccess to the
Videoguard encryption system. AFAIK there are no CAMs available that can
deal with Videoguard and rumor has there aren't going to be, either.

Viasat seems to want anyone who watches their channels to use only
certified stand-alone receivers, and they require registration of the
receiver/CAM/smartcard combo before decryption is possible.

I don't know if this also is true for DVB-T..

Oskar Signell             oskar@signell.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index