[linux-dvb] High latency switching voltage with budget-ci card

I haven't dug into the code yet, but I am seeing very high latency
(5-6 ms) to switch the voltage on a Nova-S (budget-ci) card from low
to high (high to low has virtually no latency).  I don't see this with
a full-feature Nexus-S card.  This high latency was scewing up the
Legacy-switch control with these cards.  My fix was to detect the time
spent during a volatge change, and only sleep for the remainder, but
(a) this adds a lot of needless gettimeofday() calls, and (b) I still
occasionally fail to tune due to longer than 8ms latencies.  Before I
submit the patch, does anyone know whether this can be corrected in
the budget-ci driver (a much preferrable situation)?

Thanks.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index