[linux-dvb] Extreme small packet loss on Skystar2 rev2.6b

Hi All

Tests with 1.1.1 (and CVS too) release drivers on 2.4.25 and 2.4.27
I used iperf in udp mode , on smallest payload size 64B loss is 54% on 352B it is 0% , result doesnt depend on PPS or symbol rate , but does depend on CPU in host computer (or chipset?) also I put same Skystar2 on Win2k machine to make sire card working properly , loss was zero on all packet sizes.
weird thing is that ifconfig report right RX packet counter but iperf on different computer (connected via ether) recieving only fraction of it.
with twinhan VP1020A in same setup loss was zero on all packet sizes and speeds , kernel and/or DVB drv versions and host computers.

how much interupts SS2 should generate? Because mine gen around ~450 on 30Msym full load no mater what packet size is.
what to do? where to look?

Thanks

Home | Main Index | Thread Index