[linux-dvb] Re: configuring sat internet using skystar 2 card

Ramkumar.S Linux Consultant wrote:

Hi
Can somebody provide me with the steps to configure one way
satellite internet using skystar2 card . I will be using Hotbird and my o/s is fedora .

Ramkumar
It depends on your internet provider... I know of Netsystem (Astra 19E) using a vpn and OpenSky (Eutelsat 7E) which uses proxy... Sure you will need to set-up the dvb interface.
If you use kernel 2.6.7 + you must compile it with skystar2 and mt312 frontend support. Concerning kernel 2.4 It seems to me that the last version has dvb support too.
Otherwise you have to download and compile linuxdvb... I'm sure someone in this list can assist you in this particular case.
You will also need to download linuxtv-dvb-apps in order to tune you card to the right transponders.
To my experience those are the first step to get internet via sat.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index