[linux-dvb] Re: newest DVB cards

On Wednesday 06 Oct 2004 10:16, Milos Prudek wrote:
>  > The Nova-CI is.
>
> Cool!
>
> Is the CAM support circuitry (decoding) actually integrated on the card
> itself, and the CI slot is just a slot without any electronics?

The stuff on the card is really simple - just support logic to allow the CI
slot to work. Theres a seperate daughterboard for the CI interface (takes up
another PCI slot) - it does have some more logic, but again it is just simple
stuff for the CI interface.

If you mean the decryption, that is done by whatever CAM you put in.

Note that we did find a CAM that didn't work with this interface - theres a
list in README.tt-budget-ci in CVS.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index