[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-T model 70013 ?

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 02:15:11PM +0200, Marco Kraus wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2004 14:03, Alex Woods wrote:
>
> > > I modified the kernelmodule that 70013 was taken as the DEC2000-T.
> > > But (except the error message disappears of course) this comes up:
> > > --- cut ---
> > > usb 3-1: bulk timeout on ep4in
> > > ttusb_dec_send_command: result bulk message failed: error -110
> > > usbcore: registered new driver ttusb-dec
> > > --- cut ---
> >
> > Is this all of the messages you get with the modified module?  It suggests
> > it's dieing even before it's tried to load the firmware.  Have you tried
> > powering off the dec for a minute or so then powering it on again?
>
> After I turned off the box for some time, restarted all services and so on,
> it now registeres correctly. Of course I still needed to add the modelversion
> to the kernel-module to use it as a DEC2000-t.

That's good - let me know how it goes, and I'll update the driver accordingly.

> > > Any ideas how to go on ? Anyone using model 70013 ?
> > > Do I have a chances to get this beast running ?
> >
> > All very good questions, I'm afraid - it's the first I've heard of this
> > model ;(
>
> It seems that this is the "new" hardware of the DEC2000 which is announced
> at the Hauppauge website some weeks ago. But it should run now with your
> kernelmodule (and model 70013 modifications), I hope.
>
> I now try to get a videostream from the box, to see if everything is right.
> I'll mail you after some test this afternoon

Well, I hope it works.  Some people have reported USB timeouts, which I've been
unable to figure out.

> Oh, and the new DEC2000 also seems to be the DEC2540-t, what confused me
> a little bit ;-)
>
> --- cut --
> usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
> ttusb_dec: Firmware 1.21de
> ttusb_dec: found DSP code "DEC2540-t".
> usbcore: registered new driver ttusb-dec
> usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 2
> usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 3
> DVB: registering new adapter (DEC2000-t).
> DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC2000-t Frontend)...

It's not really a 2540 (I think).  The firmwares contain a string that appears
to be the model number, but for the 2000 and 2540 firmwares, it is "DEC2540-t",
despite the firmwares being different.  It's confused me on the odd occasion
too.  The 2540 actually uses the X firmware.

--
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index