> >  __u16 snr;
> >  __u32 ucblocks;
> >  __u32 reserved[4];
> > };
> >
> > #define DVB_FE_BER_VALID 0x1
> > #define DVB_FE_STRENGTH_VALID 0x2
> > #define DVB_FE_SNR_VALID 0x4
> > #define DVB_FE_UCBLOCKS_VALID 0x8
> >
> > and only provide one function to query these informations?
>
> Yeah that would be nicer.

When hiding the ioctl API details and thus we don't have to touch the
fe drivers when switching from v3 to v4 (or add v4?) it makes more
sense to have a nice function pointer interface .

> I was also thinking of a general "settings" IOCTL to initially setup the
> frontend... e.g. for FE_ENABLE_HIGH_LNB_VOLTAGE.

Hmm, why?  The device initialization (i.e. attach_<fe> function)
should do the initial setup as well I think.  Or do you need some way
to kick the fe in the ass to bring it back online after some
mysterious failure?

  Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;