[linux-dvb] Re: Enable CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV, CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV and so on

On Friday 08 October 2004 16:57, Daniel García wrote:
> HELLO everybody
>
> I'm a new linux user, and I must have a skystar2 working for the next
> week under RED HAT 9 2.4.20-8. I have been surfing around all the
> messages but I still have a problem. I'm trying to install driver
> version 1.0.1 and I think I have a problem becouse of VIDEO_DEV is not
> enabled, in fact I have seen in some files VIDEO_DEV=m
This means it is compiled as a module rather than compiled into the kernel
itself.
> My problem is that I really don't know in wich file must I change to
> VIDEO_DEV=y and what must I do after this, I suppose compile the kernel
> again?
the file is /usr/src/linux/.config, you can run cd /usr/src/linux; make
menuconfig to make changes rahter than hand editing the file if you wish..
Also make sure you have the kernel source and headers installed, if you are
trying to build and install the driver.

--
Regards,
Terry Lewis