[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-T model 70013 ?

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 04:33:02PM +0200, Marco Kraus wrote:
> On Friday 08 October 2004 11:48, Alex Woods wrote:
>
> > > Beside that, I have the same Problems with the DEC2000 here in Berlin
> > > like all others:

> > > I have no problem with that (so far, after some hours testing and
> > > watching)...
> >
> > Are you getting the timeouts when zapping between channels at all?  That
>
> Ulf and Peter (that were their postings) have this problem. I haven't had the
> timeouts and hangups with that new DEC2000 model. Good for me ;-)

Yes, I'm glad to hear that too :)
The timeout problem really bothers me, but I don't have a clue where to begin..

> But my major problem is vdr. No chance to get this running right now (needs
> more investigations by me).
>
> I also set up a small information-page were I wrote down all my experiences
> with the dec2000 here in Berlin (which seems a bit different), telling whats
> running, and whats not....Maybe this helps others in future:
>
> http://www.kraus.tk/dec2000

Looks pretty good.  My mplayer problems were solved by using the CVS version
(thanks Nico), perhaps it's worth a go to see if it handles the uris properly
for you.  Also, you won't get anything from the dvr0 device unless something is
telling it to feed some streams.  The easiest way to do this is to use tzap
with the -r option.

--
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index