[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Friday 08 Oct 2004 15:06, Gerd Knorr wrote:

Yes, I've seen the code now. Thats is a serve design bug. The drivers
private data should not be public. And it should be allocated and freed
by the driver itself and not by someone else.

My take on this was that the demod drivers are meant to be as simple and as small as possible. I didn't really see the point in hiding the private data with this in mind.

init tables, register config addresses and setup data are not private data, they need to be visible to the card driver because this is the one who is setting them up.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index