[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Gerd Knorr wrote:

We do. Well, we don't really have to, but it would make several things
easier when we'll use the existing infrastructure

What things actually? I couldn't see anything beyond the firmware thing, and that is gone now.

Have stuff visible in sysfs, firmware loads, powermanagement
(suspend/resume), make the code easier to read for others by using
the usual structures rather than inventing your own, ...

Frontend devices are already visible through sysfs, check dvbdev.c. In order to allow firmware uploads via this interface we just need to pass a valid driver pointer instead of NULL to the registration function.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index