[linux-dvb] Re: video pts differences on dvb-t in the uk

--On den 10 oktober 2004 16:29 +0100 Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:

I'm wondering if someone knows more about differences in video pts on
dvb-t in the uk?

I'm getting an a/v offset of about 160ms with both xawtv and vdr w/
softdevice, and I've seen that PVAStrumento has an option for "relaxed
video pts checks" for finish / uk dvb-t material.
In VDR recordings recorded from DVB-T in Sweden, the video pts
is often between 250 and 350 ms ahead of the audio pts.
I haven't checked the actual DVB stream from the demux device,
I have just assumed that this is more or less how it is
actually transmitted.

I thought it was done like this to give more time to the mpeg
decoding process, but I haven't checked it with the "reference
decoder model" or whatever it's name is.

/ragge

Home | Main Index | Thread Index