[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Ralph Metzler wrote:

Holger Waechtler writes:
> You should try to encapsulate them at lease so that porting is made > easy. You know that there have been several approaches in the past to
No, encapsulation adds unnecessary overhead which I do not need.

sorry, but I can't see much overhead in a library-alike architecture compared to a master/client or extension-based interface.

> port the linux-dvb code to BSD, MacOS-X and even the GPL'd Windows BDA > drivers on sourceforge mention the linux driver as codebase:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bdadev/NovaTDriver/saa7146.cpp?rev=1.11&view=auto

So?

I wish the linux SAA7146 driver would be as simple to understand and the code as easy to read.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index