[linux-dvb] Re: video pts differences on dvb-t in the uk

"Robert Schlabbach" <robert_s@gmx.net> writes:

> From: "Ragnar Sundblad" <ragge@nada.kth.se>
>> In VDR recordings recorded from DVB-T in Sweden, the video pts
>> is often between 250 and 350 ms ahead of the audio pts.
>
> FWIW, I have been toying with writing a simple TS-to-PS converter which
> simply outputs a pack_header() each time a PCR is received (with the PCR
> time stamp as the SCR one) and then simply outputs PES packets whenever one
> has been completely received.

Remember that TS allows a size of 0 to be specified in the PES header,
meaning that the PES packet can be arbitrarily large, the end being
indicated by the start of the next PES packet as marked by the
unit_start_flag in the TS header.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@mru.ath.cx