[linux-dvb] Re: video pts differences on dvb-t in the uk

--On den 10 oktober 2004 17:08 +0100 Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:

But surely the difference should be detectable in some way?
Sure, just compare the PTS fields? I probably don't
understand your question.

I think the
difference is less on some channels (TMF, some news channel). I delay
video constantly by 160ms to compensate for this, but automating it
would be preferable.
If you are talking about a complete audio + video + other-media
decoder, I think the answer is that you will have to establish
a decoder clock, and buffer and sync the incoming streams by
looking at their PTSes so that they all get played at the
right times.

Note that the PTS of a MPEG 2 video frame can be in the
future, since some of them are sent in advande to be ably to
be used for forward referencing frames that are sent later
but presented earlier.

/ragge

Home | Main Index | Thread Index