[linux-dvb] Re: 5 Months and counting...

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:53 +0100, raid517 wrote:

> > Is this the nova-t model 90002?
>
> I am not certain of the answer to this, please see my other emails
> regarding this topic which should hopefully provide you with an answer
> to this.

Ok, I saw from later posts that it is probably a different nova-t.

> > One way to check that the frontend is correctly loaded is to check with
> > "xawtv -hwls". It will list any dvb devices it find correctly loaded and
> > will let you scan for channels. You need a recent xawtv 4 snapshot from
> > http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/
>
> Again than's, I will certainly check that out. To be honest I really
> wish there was a single application, such as the application that is
> used to display DVB-T output from my card in Windows that would act as
> the default user interface for all of the more complex DVB scanning,
> display and recording stuff.

xawtv is moving in that direction, at least the tuning bit.

> While I am certainly not afraid of
> complexity - having learned how to hand configure practically every
> other aspect of a Linux install and to do so without diffuculty - it
> does seem that the process of setting up a DVB/TV card is somewhat
> beyond the scope in terms of complexity for the ordinary user. I enjoy
> the idea of promoting Linux usability - but such a level of difficulty
> in what seems as though it should be a relatively simple task seems
> disheartening when trying to convince others that making the switch  is
> on the whole a relatively simple process.
>
> In anycase, this aside, I still don't know why it is trying to load the
> modules 'input' or dvb_ttpci_dudget_ci nor can I get it to scan my local
> transmitter.
>
> If I try I get the following output:
>
> root@0[scan]# ./scan dvb-t/uk-Fenham
> scanning dvb-t/uk-Fenham
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> initial transponder 509833333 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
>  >>> tune to:
> 509833333:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_1_2:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>  >>> tune to:
> 509833333:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_1_2:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
> (tuning failed)
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
> ERROR: initial tuning failed
> dumping lists (0 services)
> Done.

You might have the same problems as reported last week about
INVERSION_AUTO vs INVERSION_OFF.

What distribution are you using? It sounds like you don't have a proper
kernel compiled with a sufficient level of modules compiled and
installed. The input module is needed because the card has an IR sensor
plug, thus it delivers input events for it.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index