[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

> extern int dvb_register_frontend(struct dvb_adapter* dvb,
>                                  struct dvb_frontend_ops* ops,
>                                  void* adapter_data,
>                                  void* demodulator_config,
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                  struct module* module,
>                                  struct dvb_frontend** fe);

And that is exactly the point where the config stuff isn't type safe
any more.  Without being typesave it's easy to avoid the direct symbol
dependency, we already had that ;)

I think it isn't wise to create a all-in-one function for that as you
loose flexibility.  And I've already found one bug: It doesn't care
about the PLL issue.  To fix that you need even more arguments, that
isn't going to be pretty ...

  Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;