[linux-dvb] Re: 5 Months and counting...

Just to reply to a couple of other questions. I am using Xfree 4.3 and am happy with it. There is not enough in Xorg for me to shift quite yet. Besides which I am also using ATI propriatory drivers - and if I want 3D of any kind XFree 4.3 is the latest currently supported.

GJ

Matthias Fechner wrote:
Hello raid517,

* raid517 <raid517@fairadsl.co.uk> [11-10-04 10:53]:

That is certainly a helpful response. Thankyou. Unfortunately I can't do that with Kernel 2.6.8.1 as 'input' is not avaiable as a configurable option - at least not in any of the common utilities such as menuconfig xconfig make config and so on. However if I look at my .Config file, this this already set, that is input=y. I can only guess that the kernel developers have made the assumption that pretty much everyone is going to want some kind of input support or other. Even if they do not want X, they are probably still going to want keyboard support. The mystery is however why does hotplug assume 'input' is part of the dvb package?

why hotplug want to load, i dont know, but i checked my kernel
(2.6.8.1) and there these options are available.
But for my video i use kernel 2.4 and in this documentation i found:
- Make sure that your kernel has enabled:
Video4Linux Support (CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV)
needed by cards with integrated MPEG decoder to display
video on screen
Input Core Support (CONFIG_INPUT)
Event Device Support (CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV)
needed by the DVB remote control driver

I'm not sure if this is required for kernel 2.6 too.
Maybe you should set these options manual in your .config file and
then start menuconfig or what u want and check it.
I think it is under Device Driver -> Input device support.

But of the reason that my video is temporaily not working i cannot
check it.

Hope this help a little

Home | Main Index | Thread Index