[linux-dvb] Re: video pts differences on dvb-t in the uk

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 19:07 +0200, Måns Rullgård wrote:

But surely the difference should be detectable in some way? I think

the

difference is less on some channels (TMF, some news channel). I

delay

video constantly by 160ms to compensate for this, but automating it
would be preferable.

Are the PTS values offset from the true values? Or are you using some
player that doesn't use PTS for synchronization? Both sound pretty
broken to me.

I'm not too familiar with mpeg2 and a/v pts.. I see the problems with
both xawtv and vdr's softdevice. I believe the correct term isdvb
transmission audio preload time? Is there any such thing in dvb-t
transmission headers?

It's not a DVB-T specific problem. Both the softdevice plugin and xawtv don't implement proper PCR/STC handling. See http://212.227.36.83/linuxtv//index.php/The_DVB_Decoder_Challenge for a discussion of the topic.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index