[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-bt8xx and dst char major problem ? can't find frontend FOUND WHERE IT COMES FROM !

On Tue October 12 2004 12:23 pm, Ilariu Raducan wrote:

> > > This week-end I opened the PC and took a look at the card. It is not
> > > VP1030a, it is a VP1030C blue circuit card.
> >
> >         set card=0x68
>
> Wrong here. It doesn't work and the PC locks when using this.
>
> > > I still believe there is someting with i2c initialization. The i2c
> > > enable is done using some gpio pin.
> > > Probably on my card that gpio pin differs from some other card
> > > versions.
> >
> >         Nope..
>
> What is the reason then?

	What created the confusion was that they initially had blue PCB's (VP-1030)
later changed onto red PCB's (VP-1030A)and again a change to blue PCB's
(VP-1030C).

	I believe it's a new card with a new frontend... The company said they would
probably change the Tuner from LG ... due to the larger phase noise in
certain conditions on the LG tuners. Possibly that could be the reason.

		Just hold on.. Let me check it up. In the meanwhile check-up your tuner,
what exact model it is, and or a snapshot of the tuner/card. I have a
snapshot of an open tuner on the wiki, maybe you can compare your tuner with
that.

Regards,
Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index