[linux-dvb] Avermedia reception issues with qam_64

I've just receieved my new Avermedia dvb-t card and have been having a fun weekend getting it up.
With kernel 2.6.8.1 I needed to apply the fllowing patch to get any reception at all:
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/sp887x.c.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18

Now I get first class signal on all my qam_16 channels, but my qam_64 channels are unwatchable due to regular signal drop-outs etc.

I know my signal strength is fine because I have a Hauppage nova-t on the same signal booster with no interference whatsoever on the
same channels (swapping the cables makes no difference).

This leads me to think that theres a bug in the qam_64 part of this driver and I'd like to get to the bottom of it
Could anyone give me a pointer as to where to start looking for something like this?

thanks
(a different) Mark Edwards

Home | Main Index | Thread Index