[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with the refactored drivers

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

First it tuned pretty badly. (Only 30 channels or so found) but after
that I added the mdelay(200)
command to line 116 of ves1820.c method ves1820_setup_reg0 and it
started to tune channels very well.
Now it can even find channels from out national tv channel! So maybe the
mdelay-line should also be added in the
CVS? (mdelay(50) got removed when you removed that hack)

ves1820_writereg(state, 0x00, reg0 & 0xfe);
ves1820_writereg(state, 0x00, reg0 | 0x01);
mdelay(200); //
this is the new line!

Does setting the dvb_override_tune_delay parameter to 200 have the same effect as doing this? Its just that there is a mechanism defined for solving exactly this problem which I would prefer to use rather than putting an mdelay in the frontend itself.

If I remember correctly this delay was only required for a few particular demods, thus the demod driver should be the better place...

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index