[linux-dvb] Re: Pleaaaaase someone say something .... Re: Re: tryingto dvbtune StarChoice's Anki-F1 or F2

 Thanks Nico, I've finally tried it with Bell ExpressVu and
everything worked fine.

 I guess starchoice just isn't DVB but rather DCII. I'm
surprised that I didn't at least get the lock, though.

 Once *very briefly* for about 6 hrs I was able to lock on
Anik F1's frequency for CBC FTA channels, but there was
complete silence there, I.e. no data was being received (I
presume no data was being transmitted at that time). So I'm
assuming that most of Anik F1's frequencies are not
modulated with standar DVB QPSK but with their propriatary
stuff, that's perhaps why the Nova-S card could not get a
lock on all but two frequencies.

  Thanks for answering,

    John

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:32:42 +0200
> From: Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@tiscali.it>
> To: h162@ied.com
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Pleaaaaase someone say something .... Re: Re:
>     trying to dvbtune StarChoice's Anki-F1 or F2
>
> h162@ied.com wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> >   I'm getting pretty desperate here.
> >
> >   Has *anybody* ever got any of linux DVB working in
> >Canadian conditions with StarChoice (or should I go try
> >Bell's ExpressVu's Nimiq 1 or Nimiq 2? will that work)
> >
> >   I just need to get an FE_LOCK, am not concerned yet about
> >getting a meaningful transport stream (that will come
> >later).
> >
> >   Thanks for *any* experiences, pointers ...
> >
> >    Can you tell I'm desperate ? ;-)
> >
> >     thx
> >
> >        John
> >
> >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 h162@ied.com wrote:
> >

> I remember someone writing a couple of years ago that some of those
> Canadian transponder
> need spectral inversion on, so if this is the case you need to use
> option -I 0 | 1 | 2.
>
> Good luck!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index