[linux-dvb] Re: constructing DVB-T transport stream from DVB-Sreceived streams (fwd)

   Hi Irek,

  unfortunately I'm after choice "2", where I have a number
of incoming streams, some from MPEG files, some from DVB-S
receiver(s), need to mux them together into a couple of
DVB-T streams (each carrying 4-6 channels). So I guess I
need to look into the stream multiplexer and
generator/manager. Any good pointers for those or is google
my starting point ? Any specific keywords are good to
google for ?

     thanks,

       John

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Irek Defee wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:16:22 +0300
> From: Irek Defee <irek.defee@ondems.com>
> To: h162@ied.com
> Subject: RE: [linux-dvb] constructing DVB-T transport stream from DVB-S
>     received streams
>
> There are standards from DVB for tables. The issue really is what you
> want:
>
> 1. Take single channel streams from the cards and create tables for
> those
>    streams in such a way they can be received by STB.
>
> 2. Multiplex those single channels and create new multiprogram transport
>    stream with all required tables.
>
> Problem 2. is much more complicated, you need stream multiplexer and SI
> generator/manager. Problem 1 is simpler. But in both cases one really
> needs
> to know in detail what you need.
>

> Best regards,
> Irek Defee