[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card with ASI input

h162@ied.com wrote:

Is there a card (ideally supported under Linux) which would allow me to take my ASI output and send it into that card, so I can know whether I got the ASI stream being outputed right ?

Hi, I'm not a broadcasting expert (so I may be wrong) but as long as I could see, working for a year in a center where new technologies connected with dvb were tested, the only "cards" having ASI ports I could see where professsional appliances made for broadcasters ("made for broadcaster" implies price > 30000 Euros).
Among these kind of hardware, you can also find devices that take your TS and validate it, to see if it's correct.

Anyway, if your problem is just validating your TS before (i.e. without) modulating it, can't you just feed it in dvbsnoop? I mean, you receive DVB-S and demux it (that's linuxtv drivers job), then you remux it (I think you wrote some code that takes the PIDs you need and puts then together and updates control tables, and finally you dump this to a file or just pipe it into dvbsnoop. That seems so easy that maybe I'm just failing to understand your real needs...

Filippo

Filippo Ammazzalorso - f.ammazzalorso@tin.it

"Be joyful always; pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)