[linux-dvb] Re: New Nova-T and Infrared

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 21:45 +0200, Sebastian Rohde wrote:
> ell I am quite new to this stuff but i got my new nva-t working as an
> dvb device. Now I am wondering how I can figure out whether the infred
> port on it is working - And how to get it working if it is not. Any
> hints for me to point me into the right direction? At the moment i
> just
> don't know where to start...

The linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0 tarball has a utility to check input events.
There's also a utility around at bytesex.org. I had working ir events
myself with a nova-t (mod 909) with the drivers in kernel 2.6.7, but
lost them when upgrading to dvb-kernel current cvs drivers.

Check out linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/av7110_loadkeys/evtest as

evtest ./dev/input/event2 (try several numbers to find the one for the
ir sensor on your card).

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index