[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel panic with AverMedia and latest v4l/dvb-kernel

> DVB people... any help? Please? Latest Standard 2.6.9 kernel, latest
> v4l and dvb-kernel code... isn't this stuff supposed to work?

Hi, I've new to dvb, and was forced to upgrade to 2.6.9-rc4 as it is
the oldest release which will compile linux-dvb with bttv support.  I
have been having random kernel panics and system lockups ever since
upgrading.  I have a DVICO Dvb-Lite also...

I can boot into my old kernel and not get the panics.  Soo. maybe what
you are experiencing is system specific and tied to the 2.6.9 series
kernel, not to dvb??

In any case, any of you guys know how to find/store kernel panic
details???  When my system panics and freezes, I do not know how to
log this infomation to troubleshoot.

Mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index