[linux-dvb] Re: ttusb-budget and suse 9.1

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 01:24:12AM +0100, David Thompson wrote:
> In the past I have built the 2.4 drivers from the
> dvb-kernel on the CVS of linuxtv, but when I build
> these in the new Suse system - kernel 2.6.4-52 I get
> errors and the drivers do not work.
>
> Reading Suse's documentation it would appear that the
> ttusb is supported by their rpm version of the DVB
> drivers but although the system does recognise the
> device, when I try to tzap anywhere I get the error
> ERROR: failed opening '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0'
> (No such device)

David, what is the exact kernel version? If it is 2.6.8 or newer,
then you may be having trouble due to the change in device number for
the dvb devices.

hamish@tv:~$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 1 Sep 29 23:05 audio0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 6 Sep 29 23:05 ca0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 4 Sep 29 23:05 demux0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 5 Sep 29 23:05 dvr0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 3 Sep 29 23:05 frontend0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 7 Sep 29 23:05 net0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 8 Sep 29 23:05 osd0
crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 0 Sep 29 23:05 video0

212 is the major number. In <= 2.6.7, the number you need is 250.
After that, it is 212. You may have to adjust the devices in /dev
(man mknod for instructions).

Hamish