[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card with ASI input

  I understand that currently there are some DVB-T cards
supported via the usual /dev/dvb/* interfaces, so pretty
much which ever DVB-T card I plug in, the DVB applications
that work with those /dev/dvb/* interfaces will work with
them.

  I'm after any such card that would allow me to plug in the
ASI input onto it somehow (even if I had to solder it onto
the card).

  Would the Computer Modules's ASI card be controllable via
the /dev/dvb/* interface ? (it would ignore tuning requests,
of course). If so, thanks for the tip & it finishes this
thread. If not, I would like to keep this thread open to see
if there is a card with /dev/dvb/* interface *and* an way to
feed it with ASI input.

   Thanks,

     John

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Christophe Massiot wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:46:21 +0200
> From: Christophe Massiot <cmassiot@freebox.fr>
> To: h162@ied.com
> Cc: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
> Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card with ASI input
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2004, h162@ied.com wrote:
>
> >   I'm trying to construct a DVB-T stream, and would like to
> > know whether I got the ASI output right. (ASI is the signal
> > format before it gets into DVB-T modulator).
> >
> >   Does anyone know of a way to avoid having to use a DVB-T
> > modulator ?
> >
> >   Is there a card (ideally supported under Linux) which
> > would allow me to take my ASI output and send it into that
> > card, so I can know whether I got the ASI stream being
> > outputed right ?
>
> Computer Modules manufactures such ASI cards, and they are very well
> supported under Linux. The price is in the range $1500-$3000 depending on
> how many inputs and options you want.
> www.computermodules.com

Home | Main Index | Thread Index