[linux-dvb] Re: Compilation error with dvb-kernel CVS

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 11:28, Michael Hunold wrote:

> Because of this it's necessary to use a real up-to-date kernel for
> current dvb-kernel cvs, preferably 2.6.10-rc1.

> But you don't seem to need the dvb-ttpci/saa7146 at all, don't you?
> So please simply disable the driver in the config or in the Makefile.

Heh, I've just discovered that, and on reading the Changelog from 2.6.9 ->
2.6.10-rc1 I can see a huge amount of dvb-kernel has gone into the main
kernel tree, so 2.6.10-rc1 is compiling in the background as I type :)

I did notice some comments by Gerrd Knorr(sp?) re: bits of the conexant driver
not being enabled in the kernel because it required bleeding-edge code from
the linuxtv project, but I've decided to try the in-kernel ones first.

If that fails, then I'll certainly checkout CVS, makelinks, and rebuild the
kernel again :)

A couple of questions, though.. should I be checking out the REFACTORING
branch of cvs, and which modules should be required in any case?

From what I can see, it'll be dvb-core, cx22702 and cx88, but I'm a little
confused if the bt878 modules hold any 'legacy code' that's also needed,
etc. ?

Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Gavin.