[linux-dvb] cvs web interface old(?) problem

Hello there,

I am trying to get the dvb-kernel-v4 module from the cvs database, because I
want to try API v4 drivers and I could not find a package including them in
the web.
As I am behind a quite restrictive corporate firewall, a direct cvs command
is not working, so I am trying to get the module by using a application
called cvsgrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/). This application parses
the html output of a cvsweb server, so it can overcome the proxy problem.
The first problem I found after installing it is that the cvsweb
identification is missing in LinuxTv cvs server, but I could patch the
program and start parsing.
Now the parsing seems ok, but when the program tries to checkout a file from
the server, it gets an error and cannot download the file.

[TRACE] Executed method
/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/dvb-kernel-v4/build-2.6/Makefile with status
code 500
[DEBUG] Page not found (error 500)
[ERROR] IO Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error when reading
/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/dvb-kernel-v4/build-2.6/Makefile

If I try to access that page
(http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/dvb-kernel-v4/build-2.
6/Makefile) from Internet Explorer I get this message:

"Error: Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute
module reference invalid: `/dvb-kernel-v4/build-2.6/Makefile'
Check whether the directory /cvs/linuxtv/CVSROOT exists and the script has
write-access to the CVSROOT/history file if it exists.
The script needs to place lock files in the directory the file is in as
well.
found some months ago by Robert Schlabbach. It seems it happened when
clicking the link to download a file, but the error was the same I think. I
attach that mail at the end.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there an alternative way of
getting (checking-out) a file from the web without referencing the file
version?
Is there anyone who had the same problem and could work-around it? I've read
something about tunneling the corporate proxy by using the ssh protocol, but
I couldn't make it work.
Finally, is there any place where I can get a package with the dvb-kernel-v4
module?

Thank you!
Inigo Barrera.

[linux-dvb] Re: linuxtv.org CVS web interface is broken :(

----

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/dvb-kernel/README-2.6?rev=
> 1.3&content-type=text/plain
>
> you get:
>
> "Error: Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute
> module reference invalid: `/dvb-kernel/README-2.6'
>
> Check whether the directory /cvs/linuxtv/CVSROOT exists and the script has
> write-access to the CVSROOT/history file if it exists.
> The script needs to place lock files in the directory the file is in as
> well."
>
> Can this be fixed, please? Having to fire up CVS to download the source
> tree is a bit inconvenient for a Windows user who just wants to take a
> peek... :(

Thanks for reporting, I forwarded your mail to the CVS admin.
Should be fixed soon.

BTW, you can peek at the files by clicking on the revsion numbers,
it's just that you get a HTMLlized version, not plaintext.

Regards,
Johannes