[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune / dvbstream with recent CVS

Gavin Hamill wrote:
Hi again :)

Has anyone else noticed that dvbtune 0.5 is broken with the v4l All-in-one patch on 2.6.10-rc1 at least?

[strace removed]
Yet the 0.5 version of 'dvbstream' is unaffected and tunes OK, and both have an identical 'tune.c' - I really don't understand what's going wrong :/
I don't have time to look at it, but there are two things you could look at which could potentially be different between dvbtune and dvbstream:

1) Compare the parameters passed to the "tune_it" function.
2) Compare how (and what) devices are opened.

You should also try the latest CVS versions of both apps.

Patches welcome :-).

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index