[linux-dvb] AW: Problems with plain 2.6.10-rc1 (was AW: Re: kernel 2.6.9 and cvs-head has regressed)

> > Yesterday I have tried the plain linux-2.6.10-rc1 in the
> hope to get
> > my Avermedia 711 going on a new (old dedicated) computer.
> >
> > I have still two problems:
> > 1) On inserting dvb_bt8xx I get a "error -14 can not access
> PCI DMA"
> > and a
>
> Thats likely the alsa bt878 driver loaded.
>
> > 2) segmentation fault with the mt352.
> >
> > I remember that the segmentation fault was an early problem with the
> > mt352+bttv.h?
> >
> > Would the kraxel patch
> > http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.10-rc1-1/All-2.6.10-rc1.diff.gz
> > help here as well?
>
> I hope so ;)
>
>   Gerd

Thank you Gerd for the help.

I have removed the snd_bt878 modul and then I had no problems visible
anymore on loading
the dvb_bt8xx and the mt352 for the vanilla 2.6.10-rc1.
But I had the Problems Peter has discribed.

I tried vanilla with the patches above, but they won't compile. When
compiling the mt352 "a function
was called with the wrong numer of arguments".

I think I will wait till more changes from the cvs have found their way
to the kernel and
try then again.

Thanks again,
Malte