[linux-dvb] Problems with Nova-T IF

Hi,

I have big problems getting Hauppauge Nova-T's rc working. After modprobing
budget-ci and tda1004x, the buttons 1-9 (grey rc) do work, as if they were
keyboard buttons, is this a bug or intended (with caps lock on, they are even
upper case!)? Evdev /dev/input/event0-3 shows the events of system speaker,
keyboard, mouse and joystick. If i do input-event 2 (keyboard event), it
looks also strange:

./input-events 1
/dev/input/event1
   bustype : BUS_I8042
   vendor  : 0x1
   product : 0x1
   version : 43841
   name    : "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
   phys    : "isa0060/serio0/input0"
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_LED EV_REP

waiting for events
13:49:27.850709: EV_KEY KEY_ENTER released
13:49:27.850711: EV_SYN code=0 value=0
13:49:28.845254: EV_KEY KEY_F pressed
13:49:28.845256: EV_SYN code=0 value=0
f13:49:28.921300: EV_KEY KEY_F released
13:49:28.921301: EV_SYN code=0 value=0
0000888877777777

The numbers are from the rc, so they don't belong to the keybord event but
they must have to do anything with it, as if i press "ch+" even the kbd-Led
for Caps Lock flashes.
I don't know if I should load a keymap for my rc. I tried loading the
dvb-ttpci module and av7110_loadkeys, but nothing changed.
What I expected that there would be a new event, from that i could get the
rc's Events, but i didn't find a way to do so.

Is there any Documentation besides this mailing-list about the budget-ci
driver and the av7110 chip? I just found lots of patches, that were very old
and I didn't know if it was already included in the kernel sources. Btw., I
have Kernel 2.6.7.

Thanks in advance,
Ralf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index