[linux-dvb] Re: Need help getting firmware to load

Hi bob,

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 08:27 -0400, bob wrote:
> Running gentoo 2.6.9 with dvb-ttpci compiled into the kernel. When the
> system boots I get the error message
>
> saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
> ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:0a.0[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
> saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem d0810e00 (revision 1, irq 11) (0x13c2,0x0003).
> dvb-ttpci: cannot request firmware!
> file not found: dvb-ttpci-01.fw
>
> I've checked everything I can think of. Can someone help?

double-check /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent.

It *used* to point to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware but it did change in
gentoo-land to somewhere else, so that might be the problem. Either copy
the firmware to the new location or change the firmware.agent config
file to point to whatever directory you have the firmware in.

> the complete diary of what I've tried to get this running is at www.toadhaul.org/linux.php
> It includes a link to my current /usr/src/linux/.config file at the bottom
>
> thanks,
> bob

With kind regards, Phil