[linux-dvb] Re: Need help getting firmware to load

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2004 16:42 schrieb bob:
> Tim Kaiser wrote:
> >I'm very fresh to this theme...
> >Just guessing......
> >There is written "file not found" in your dmesg output...
> >And the partitions are mounted *after* the kernel tries to register the
> > card. So my next step would be to compile the firmware direct into the
> > kernel.

> >>I already copied
> >>http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261c
> >>to dvb-ttpci-01.fw /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw
> >>
> >>I also have already compiled the driver into the kernel. Here is my
> >>.config file:
> >>http://www.toadhaul.org/_config-2.6.9-1
> >>
> >>I've checked the hotplug stuff that I know about.
> >>
> >>fstab:  http://www.toadhaul.org/fstab.gentoo
> >>dmesg output:   http://www.toadhaul.org/dmesg.txt
> >>
> >>thanks again,
> >>bob
>
> Can you point me to information that tells how to compile the firmware
> into the kernel?
>
> I thought that it MIGHT be the fact that hda3 wasn't mounted when the
> driver tries to load the file. But I couldn't believe that the boot
> process goes in that order. I'd like to compile the firmware in. So, how
> do you do that?
>
> Also, I used to have this all working in slackware (as a module) and as
> Mark Edwards suggested I could try the module route. I think that I'd
> like to try compiling it in first, however.
>
> thank you,
> bob
The option is not visible before deselecting one option....

start meneuconfig/ xconfig
goto "device drivers"-->"generic driver options"
deselect "select only drivers that don't need compile-time external firmware"

After deselecting you got the option to compile the firmware into the driver
in the DVB driver section.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index